You are welcome to join in a series of free webinars put on by the Agribusiness Management Program section of the Illinois Soybean Association and co-sponsored by the Farm Financial Standard Council.
Day One – July 20, 9 a.m.
- The Farm Legacy–Planning for Tomorrow
- As farm families grow in size and wealth, we must take steps to efficiently transition assets to the next generation. This workshop focuses on reviewing your estate and transition planning objectives while providing real-life examples and solutions. We will discuss opportunities and options that may work for your operation and help start the conversation on this challenging topic.
- How it Works–What to Expect through December 2021
- This workshop focuses on how proposed legislation funnels through each sector of government and compares current estate tax legislation to the proposed estate tax legislation. The key to successful estate tax planning is to stay calm, educate yourself on potential outcomes of strategic management decisions and obtain the desired tax result.
Day Two – July 27, 9:00 a.m.
- Managing Landowner-Tenant Relationships in Today’s Ag Industry
- This workshop will focus on the challenges and opportunities of working with your landowner to successfully operate your farm business. Landowners as a group are changing with many being generationally and geographically removed from first-hand farming experiences. The key to working with them is open and frequent communication. We will discuss who these landowners are and strategies for managing one of the most important business relationships in farming.
- Estate Planning in 2021-Here and Now
- This workshop will focus on estate valuation, estate tax calculation and how to navigate estate and transition planning in 2021. The presentation team will provide detailed examples and techniques for attendees to consider in their operation.
There are no fees to participate in these activities by you must pre-register at AMP Web Series (ilsoyadvisor.com)
We realize the July 27 event will be happening on travel day for those of you attending the FFSC conference in Amarillo, but all will be recorded and available for later viewing….or….if you are not going to make it to Amarillo, you can participate from your office.